Summary of the work:
Specialist role – Programme manager
Commander Field Army (CFA) requires a Programme Management Service to deliver commodity planning and planning performance management information. The service will implement and support pan-Field Army business management tools.
Latest start date Monday 5 June 2017
Expected contract length 220 DAYS with option period of a further 220 days or part thereof.
Work is for Ministry of Defence
About the work
Who the specialist will work with:
The existing team consists of military and civil service personnel responsible for planning, programming and co-ordinating the Field Army programme to enable the Field Army to deliver its mandated outputs within resource constraints.
What the specialist will work on:
1. Supporting current prototype inventory tools. 2. Assisting AIS with porting prototype tools onto ADW. 3. Writing all required system documentation. 4. Conduct analysis on current processes and design, build and publish reports as requested / directed by the Authority. 5. Advise on the most efficient design and architecture for future business practices. 6. To undertake any other analysis, process work or related tasks that may be required by the Authority and produce project or specialist documentation as necessary. 7. Continued development of prototype tools to support CFA.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience:
· Working with SME’s to elicit and document complex business requirements.
· Ability to map detailed business processes, systems and unwarranted variation.
· Capable of identifying, quantifying and mapping project benefits associated with redefining business processes.
· Clear, concise briefing and presentation skills to connect with a wide range of stakeholders and convey often complex, stratified / nuanced meaning.
· Knowledge and broad experience of a wide range of database applications, technologies and business exemplars with ability to horizon scan and forecast likely trends.
· Produce high quality outputs within tight timeframes ensuring critical project deadlines are prioritised and achieved.
· The ability to record work in suitable technical and documentary formats with attention to detail and credibility in both technical and practical professional areas.
· Break down complex problems and identify steps towards solutions.
· Coach individuals and engage with non-technical people at all levels of seniority.
· In depth knowledge and application of industry best practice in inventory supply and management.
· Relevant qualification such as an Industrial Engineer.
· Expert Microsoft Excel (Full application development).
· Capable of identifying trends, errors and issues with processes, from stand-alone systems and providing the correct level of Management Information to produce business intelligence.
· A strong background and proven experience in detailed forecasting, demand planning and performance management. End to End Supply Chain understanding and knowledge.
· Ability to analyse mass data sets, across multiple commodities, 80,000 stock keeping units, over the short, medium and long term.
· Deep knowledge and experience of working with the Army is essential.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
· Ability to write prototypes with Microsoft front end / SQL back end.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures within MoD Army and the wider Defence environment is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of CFA inventory forecasting processes, Business Tool and MOAT, and inventory budgeting.
· Knowledge of CHURCHILL, UAMS, ADW, MIRANDA, SS3, MJDI and VERITAS APS and DART.