Summary of the work
Specialist role -Service manager
You will support the Sustainment Lead by establishing a clear plan for an ITiL aligned service organisation. You will outline scope and requirements for delivering the proposed Service Architecture. You will support planning for Sustainment and act as an interim service manager for any services not yet transitioned to operations.
Latest start date Thursday 1 June 2017
Expected contract length 3 to 6 months
Work is for Home Office National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP)
About the work
Who the specialist will work with:
To work to Sustainment Lead
What the specialist will work on:
Providing service design support to the Sustainment Lead Developing sustainable operational capability to support the business as usual operation of LEDS. To include management of problems and incidents raised against LEDS Defining SLAs to support operational running of LEDS, to include regular reporting and control mechanisms Providing service support for services not yet transitioned to operations Regular progress reports to wider sustainment team Managing service related risks and issues Responsible for delivery of Funding Strategy and Plan, Transition Strategy and Plan, defined Service Catalogue, Sustainment TOM, and Organisation Design.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience:
· Operating Model Design – design and implementation of an integrated organisational structure, role profiles, culture, performance measures, competencies and skills to enable change
· ITIL and Service Management – defining SLAs
· Stakeholder Engagement – Strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills; able to ensure that advice regarding the service specialism is acted upon.
· Service Design- planning, implementation, control and review and audit of service provision to meet customer requirements.
· Business Analysis- Methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of business functions and processes.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
· Public Sector Funding Models (or similar)
· Knowledge and Understanding of Law Enforcement Operating Models
· Knowledge and Understanding of the government digital agenda
· Organisational Design- design and implementation of an integrated organisational structure, role profiles, culture, performance measures, competencies and skills to enable change
· Service Acceptance