Summary of the work:
Specialist role – Business analyst
You will play a key role in shaping how NLEDP Service will operate in a BAU environment. You will scope business level governance aspects of Sustainment including establishing a comprehensive map of current and to-be governance and identify governance and processes required to agree these provisions with the business.
Latest start date Thursday 1 June 2017
Expected contract length 3 to 6 months
Work is for Home Office National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP)
About the work
Who the specialist will work with:
This role is within the Policy and Compliance team and will report directly to Sustainment Lead.
What the specialist will work on:
Mapping and analysing the as-is organisation that delivers funding and governance and then defining the business functions that need to be established to support the ‘to-be’ operations. Identifying new or existing governance groups that will be required and outlining draft Terms of References. Planning and facilitating the transition of the National Law Enforcement Data Service (NLEDS) from a programme management structure into a BAU Sustainment model with a specific interest in funding and governance. Responsible for delivery of funding and governance principles and the governance function. Manage Governance related risks and issues.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience:
· Public Sector Governance Model (or similar)- experience mapping business processes that represent the current structure and future design of a product or service
· Organisation Design- design and implementation of an integrated organisational structure, role profiles, culture, performance measures, competencies and skills to enable change
· Project Management- development and implementation of business processes to meet defined business needs; acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
· Stakeholder Engagement- Strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills; able to ensure that advice regarding the service specialism is acted upon.
· Business Analysis- Methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of business functions and processes.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
· Public Sector Funding Models (or similar) – strategy and plans, policies and processes for the accounting, budgeting and charging of IT service and resources
· Knowledge and Understanding of the government digital agenda
· Knowledge and Understanding of Law Enforcement Operating Models