Summary of the work:
Specialist role – Portfolio manager
The specialist will be accountable for the achievement of delivery milestones. Activities include: – deliver NHS.UK components such as: content transformation, diabetes 1 POC, connecting for services activities, weekly-quarterly reporting – internal interface and wider paperless 2020 portfolio – Business case responsibility – Reporting responsibility.
Latest start date 02/05/2017
Expected contract length 6 months (with the potential to extend)
Work is for NHS Digital
About the work
Who the specialist will work with:
The portfolio manager specialist will work alongside the NHS.UK senior leadership team, delivery managers and matrix delivery teams. This will involve working with permanent staff, contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders from multiple organisations.
What the specialist will work on:
The specialist will provide senior-level portfolio management for the NHS.UK programme incorporating the Project Management Office (PMO) and multiple projects.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience:
· Experience of delivery management within digital transformation
· Able to create, refine and challenge update Strategy development, business case and roadmap implementation experience
· Strong negotiation, relationship management and influencing skills at the most senior level
· 10+ years experiece of Programme and Delivery Management
· Strong understanding of Agile Delivery; including the challenges faced when using Agile Delivery within a traditional organisation
· Ability to bridge the gap between requirements and drive outcomes
· Able to create, refine and challenge update reports, roadmaps and vision statements
· Excellent written and communications skills
· Team and Matrix management
· Problem solving, issue resolution, identifying and implementing mitigations